Thursday, October 7, 2010

Domestic Overload

      Apparently, the cool, crisp Autumn weather causes my brain to go into domestic overload!  Baking cookies, cooking warming meals and plunging headfirst into a quilt making endeavor are just the beginning.  I decided to save myself some money and make Jack's first birthday invitations and all of the decorations except for the balloons and streamers.  What have I gotten myself into? I just can't help myself!
     Now, some may think I am weird, but Autumn makes me realize how much I love how cozy my home is, the warm inviting smell of the pumpkin candles or freshly baked cookies, and snuggling on  the sofa under a quilt with my little guy to watch Sesame Street!  And I can't wait to decorate my house with Autumn cornucopias and pumpkins!  Anyway, I have decided to blog about being a mom on a budget who tries to be as green as possible while sticking with my traditional way of life.  I will blog about ways to save money, crafts I have tried or will be attempting, recipes and ways to re-use what is laying around the house or in the thrift store collecting dust.  I hope you all enjoy this blog as much as I enjoy living it and writing about it every day!

Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment